In-Home Nursing Care
In-Home Nursing Care
Home care is provided in any location that is considered home, such as a private home, independent living facility or assisted living facility. Private Duty Home Care is an exclusive service for those requiring a higher level of care. Often times a higher level of care requires an individual to move into a facility, which causing more confusion and frustration due to a change in environment. Private Duty Home Care allows care to be provided in the comfort of the home. Care is truly individualized with one provider providing care to one client. This service allows individuals who are becoming unsafe or afraid in their own environment to remain in their home safely.
Care is provided by experienced, compassionate personnel who are certified/licensed or registered by the Arizona State Board of Nursing. All employees are required to pass the pre-employment screening, which includes evaluation of skill set, background clearance, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification in the past two years and a Tuberculosis (TB) clearance in the past year. Once elements are met, employees receive orientation and additional on the job training. Care may be provided on a visit basis or on a continuous basis, up to 24 hours a day.
Senior Care Management Solutions utilizes Registered Nurses who assist with higher level needs to include, but is not limited to:
- Personal care assistance, such as bathing, grooming and dressing.
- Thorough nursing assessment with communication to the physician and applicable partners in care. Early detection and treatment of illnesses can result in less hospitalizations and acute visits to the physician's office and urgent care centers.
- Medication reconciliation, which includes evaluation of all medication, duplication in medication, medications that interact with each other, and side effects with subsequent communication to the physician and other applicable partners of care.
- Pre-fill medications boxes based on physician orders. This service also includes calling prescriptions into the pharmacy and picking up medications from the pharmacy, evaluation of effectiveness and side effects of medication, and monitoring to ensure the senior is taking all medication as prescribed by their physician. Many in the elderly community suffer side effects from taking medications inappropriately. In fact, "10% of all long term care and two-thirds of all assisted living admissions are due to senior's inability to properly manage their medication" (Pierce, 2009).
- Monitoring and care for:
- Wound care
- Oxygen therapy
- Chronic disease management
Customizable Care Packages
SCMS has customizable care packages that can save you time and money. Our care packages combine services to ensure your loved one will receive the best, comprehensive care while providing you the comfort of a flat monthly fee. No more guesswork, no more surprises, only solutions.