Skilled Nursing In-Home Care
Why Senior Care Management Solutions?
SCMS provides multiple services under one roof to promote continuity of care. From case management and high level nursing care to personal care services, our team of professionals collaborate to ensure the highest standard of care. SCMS standard of care is unparalleled to other organizations because of the quality of the individuals employed by the company. SCMS only hires Geriatric Care Managers (GCM) that met professional standards set forth by the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers (NAPGCM), as well as Registered Nurses (RN) and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) that are licensed and regulated by the State Board of Nursing. SCMS never uses unskilled, unqualified personnel because your loved one deservers only the best.
Skilled Nursing In-Home Care
Home Care is provided in any location that may be considered home, such as a private home, independent living facility and assisted living facilities. Private Duty Home Care is an exclusive service for the elderly. Often times, seniors are placed in facilities that are frightening and the care that is received can be less than adequate. Private Duty Home Care allows one provider to provide care. The senior, therefore, receives individualized attention by a caring individual that is only focused on the elderly client. Private Duty Home Care enables seniors that are becoming unsafe or afraid in their environment to remain in their home safely.
Care is provided by experienced, compassionate individuals who are certified or registered by the Arizona State Board of Nursing. All employees are required to pass the pre-employment screening, which includes a skills exam. Employees also undergo criminal and driving background clearances, must have completed a Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course in the past two years, have a Tuberculosis clearance in the past one year, and compete orientation. Care may be provided on a visit basis (approximately one hour) or on a continuous basis, up to 24 hours a day. Documentation is completed after each visit or shift and available to family as requested.
Senior Care Management Solutions utilizes Registered Nurses who assist with skilled, high level nursing needs. Nursing services include, but is not limited to:
- Any and all services that are provided by Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Skilled Nursing Assessment and evaluation of all body systems with communication to the physician and other applicable partners in care. Early detection and treatment of illnesses can result in less hospitalizations and acute visits to the physician's office and urgent care centers.
- Medication reconciliation, which includes evaluation of all medication, duplications in medication, medications that interact with each other, and side effects with subsequent communication to the physician and other applicable partners of care.
- Prefill medications boxes based on physician orders. This service also includes calling prescriptions into the pharmacy and picking up medications from the pharmacy, evaluation of effectiveness and side effects of medication, and monitoring to ensure the senior is taking all medication as prescribed by their physician. Many in the elderly community suffer side effects from taking medications inappropriately. In fact, "10% of all long term care and two-thirds of all assisted living admissions are due to senior's inability to properly manage their medication" (Pierce, 2009).
- Monitoring and care for:
- Intravenous infusions (IVs)
- Subcutaneous infusions
- Subcutaneous/intramuscular injections
- Wound care
- Oxygen therapy
- Chronic disease management
Customizable Care Packages
SCMS has customizable care packages that can save you time and money. Our care packages combine services to ensure your loved one will receive the best, comprehensive care while providing you the comfort of a flat monthly fee. No more guesswork, no more surprises, only solutions.