Geriatric Care Management
Why Senior Care Management Solutions?
SCMS provides multiple services under one roof to promote continuity of care. From case management and high level nursing care to personal care services, our team of professionals collaborate to ensure the highest standard of care. SCMS standard of care is unparalleled to other organizations because of the quality of the individuals employed by the company. SCMS only hires Geriatric Care Managers (GCM) that met professional standards set forth by the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers (NAPGCM), as well as Registered Nurses (RN) and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) that are licensed and regulated by the State Board of Nursing. SCMS never uses unskilled, unqualified personnel because your loved one deservers only the best.
Geriatric Care Management
A Geriatric Care Manager is a health services professional who assist families that are caring for older relatives. A Geriatric Care Manager assesses the client's current situation and develops an individualized care plan with recommendations to assist in attaining maximum functioning potential in the least restrictive environment. A Geriatric Care Manager monitors the care plan, making adjustments as the situation changes. Geriatric Care Managers are also a resource for the loved ones of the elderly, providing coaching, support, and peace of mind in knowing their loved one is receiving the best care possible. Geriatric Care Managers are essentially a cost saving measure, as the client is less likely to need acute care, has less hospitalizations and has stability in their disease process. A Professional Geriatric Care Manager is credentialed in case management based on their area of expertise and are members of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers.
Senior Care Management Solutions provides the following services from a Professional Geriatric Care Manager:
- Psychosocial Assessment, which entails a cognitive assessment, psychological assessment, social support evaluation, evaluation for elder mistreatment, substance abuse evaluation, and economic and legal assessment.
- Functional Assessment, which entails assessment of Activities of Daily Living, Falls risk assessment, assess client's ability to operate a vehicle, sensory loss assessment and a home safety evaluation.
- Caregiver Assessment, which entails assessment of the needs of the client's caregiver, if applicable.
- Nursing Assessment, as requested by client and their family.
- Creation of an individualized care plan to address the specific needs of the elderly client, with referrals and services to be provided to address issues. For example:
- Your mother has been having multiple falls recently, which has led to several visits to the Emergency Room. You are concerned with her falls and the medical staff offer little to address the issue. You live in a different state and do not have the ability to travel back and forth to Arizona each time your mother has an issue. You decide to hire a Geriatric Care Manager. The Geriatric Care Manager assists in the process of getting your mother home and begins assessments as outlined above. The Geriatric Care Manager realizes that your mother has been taking her medication inappropriately, which causes dizziness and subsequent falls. Your mother is taken to her Primary Care Physician who makes adjustments to medication. The Geriatric Care Manager Sets up an electronic medicine box for your mom that alerts her when it is time to take her medication. Your mother is doing well and is not falling. The Geriatric Care Manager monitors your mother's progress, implementing other services as needed such as Home Health, Outpatient Rehabilitation or Palliative Care. All of this is done with your involvement in the plan of care.
Customizable Care Packages
SCMS has customizable care packages that can save you time and money. Our care packages combine services to ensure your loved one will receive the best, comprehensive care while providing you the comfort of a flat monthly fee. No more guesswork, no more surprises, only solutions.